Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Tribute to my Mom

scan0004 I lost my mom 3 years ago to a rare type of blood cancer.  She was my best friend and even though i miss her every day i wouldn’t wish her back for anything.  She is finally pain free and will never, ever be sick again.  The good thing is, i know i will see her again someday and that helps to ease the pain and emptiness her passing has left me with.  This is the poem i wrote about her the day after she passed on to heaven.

The Empty Chair

In the living room where she once sat

there sits an empty chair,

She’s gone on above to better things

we’ll no longer see her there.

In her lifetime she had so much pain

but, it’s gone from her at last,

The hospitals, the needles and experiments

are now, part of her past.

For she has gone to meet her Jesus

He’s the one who set her free,

There’s no more pain, she’s free at last

but, we’ll miss her you and me.

Yet, I’ve found when I look closely

I still see her sitting there,

With her open bible on her lap

and on her lips a prayer.

She prayed hard for her family

that we would give our hearts,

To the God above she loved so much

and from Him n’er depart.

I can sometimes see her sitting there

with sewing in her lap,

Or reading one of her favorite books

or sneaking a little catnap.

She loved her God and she loved life

and she lived it to the fullest,

There wasn’t time to complain or whine

and her smile was contagious.

So I see her chair and the memories

that she has left behind,

She may not be here with us in person

but, she’s in my heart and mind.

 

In loving memory of my mom.

Marlene Sinkler

Gone from this earth but,

always in my heart.

 

by diki denise sinkler-burns

© 2/3/2007

No comments:

Post a Comment